Guten Tag Pierre Dehaen,
am Sonntag, 31. Dezember 2017 um 12:12 schrieben Sie:

> Could it be that your are oversubscribing your vCPUs? I mean if you assign
> more vCPUs to
> your VMs than you physically have then I guess it's expected to see lots of
> context switches
> on the host, and that would not good of course.

The host on which this problem occurs has 12 physical, 24 logical cores
because of Hyperthreading. It hosts only 3 VMs with 1/1/10 vCPUs
assigned and the load is pretty low normally. Especially during
restarts of ClamAV most of the time only one vCPU is consumed, because
of ClamAV itself. Additionally, I had the problem with 6 instead of 10
vCPUs in the VM as well.

So I'm pretty sure I'm not overcommitting CPUs, but just to be sure
I'm testing with only 4 instead of 10 vCPUs as well currently.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: thorsten.schoen...@am-soft.de