Hi there,

On Sun, 6 May 2018, Christopher Tissot wrote:

I'm currently trying to utilize the ./configure command with Debian
Stretch.  I keep getting the error towards the end "configure:
error: Your OpenSSL installation is misconfigured or missing."  I
have looked online, and I can't seem to fix this issue.  I checked
and openssl is installed on my system.

There's a difference between having OpenSSL installed, and having the
OpenSSL development files installed.  OpenSSL itself being installed
lets you use OpenSSL.  The development files being installed lets you
build other software which will use OpenSSL:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/libssl-dev

--

73,
Ged.