We are letting the traffic settle back down after the transfer of dB.cn.

What we have discovered are there a ton of ClamAV installations that have not
been able to update in a long time or are pointed at a dead mirror in the zone.

When we transfer a zone to Cloudflare, (our CDN provider, please check them
out!), within the hour, we immediately see a tremendous amount of traffic from
installations that haven’t been able to update.  For instance, when we moved
“cn” last night, we immediately saw 2TB worth of data transferred at once.

We like to give new zones 12-24 hours for everyone’s crontab’s to have a chance
to pull from CDN before we move another big zone.

We also have seen a couple errors in certain installations, (we are working on
a blog post).  If you are having problems updating from CDN (you can tell if
your zone has been moved to CDN by doing a nslookup on your zone, and the
resulting DNS response ends with “cloudflare.net”), please delete your
mirrors.dat, and try again.

Thanks for your patience.   This will make things so much better for our users.

We are currently transferring about 20 TB a day in updates.   So we are seeing
a tremendous amount of improvement.

Sent from my iPhone