On 21/06/18 17:54, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> Am 20.06.2018 um 19:14 schrieb Andrew McGlashan:
>
>> This is an opportunity to fix things, such an opportunity should not
>> lost, especially if it helps more people to understand the problems with
>> having too liberal SPF rules (defeating the purpose of SPF).
>
> I disagree. The purpose of clamav-users is to discuss ClamAV issues, not
> to educate people on SPF, so the primary objective of fixing the SPF
> record should be reliable delivery, not educational value.

Normally, I would agree with you, but unfortunately, SPF has been a
thing for far too long to have so many still outstanding issues; which
can only mean that those whom need to know are not looking in the usual
places, or they are just plain ignorant.  Or perhaps they aren't looking
anyware useful and can't see any need to do so.... so, the community
(including this one) has a role to help improve awareness of these
problems for the good of the entire community and to lessen ongoing SPF
abuses.

Kind Regards
A.