There are still over 1/3 signature update sync errors with the new
ClamAV mirrors.

You may remember that I previously added code to our ClamAV update
protocol to verify that the actually available daily.cvd etc. matched
the version number reported by the DNS TXT record. (This is done by
using curl to retrieve a short prefix of the daily.cvd etc. files.)

Some days ago I also added code to summarize any synchronization
problems. This code logs how much, if any, delay obtains between the
DNS TXT record reporting a new version and curl agreeing that the new
version is actually available from a mirror. This protocol operates
every 15 minutes (giving rise to a rounding error of up to 15 minutes).

Recent results are as follows:

2018-07-26 05:18:02  No delay
2018-07-26 13:18:02  No delay
2018-07-26 13:33:01  No delay
2018-07-26 13:48:01  No delay
2018-07-26 14:03:01  No delay
2018-07-26 14:18:02  No delay
2018-07-26 21:33:02  00:45:00 delay
2018-07-27 05:03:02  No delay
2018-07-27 13:18:02  No delay
2018-07-27 13:18:02  No delay
2018-07-27 21:34:05  No delay
2018-07-27 21:34:05  No delay
2018-07-28 05:48:02  00:30:01 delay
2018-07-28 13:18:02  No delay
2018-07-28 21:18:02  00:30:01 delay
2018-07-29 05:33:01  00:29:59 delay
2018-07-29 14:18:02  01:30:00 delay
2018-07-29 21:18:02  00:30:00 delay
2018-07-30 04:48:02  No delay
2018-07-30 13:33:01  00:44:59 delay
2018-07-30 21:48:02  01:00:00 delay
2018-07-31 05:18:02  No delay
2018-07-31 13:33:02  No delay

Note: The ClamAV update protocol uses the URL "database.clamav.net",
which in turn resolves to 1 of 5 IP addresses, which in turn route to
one of many geographically separated systems. Thus, the delays may not
correspond to problems with particular paths and/or mirror instances.

P.S. I can provide a more detailed freshclam log for this if desired.