ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On Sep 5, 2018, at 10:44 AM, Kretschmer, Jens
<kretschmer.j...@siemens.com<mailto:kretschmer.j...@siemens.com>> wrote:

Hi Micah,

did you have time to investigate those issues?

Should I create bug reports for them or are those issues being tracked already?
Do you need any more information from my side?

Kr,
Jens

From: Micah Snyder (micasnyd) <micas...@cisco.com<mailto:micas...@cisco.com>>
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 2:39 PM
To: ClamAV users ML
<clamav-users@lists.clamav.net<mailto:clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>>
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] ScanOnAccess: ... (null) FOUND

I've been running clamd with OnAccess on a box using Firefox and just yesterday
saw the (null) FOUND as well.  I haven't had a chance to take the file in
question and debug with clamscan to reproduce it and figure out what's causing
it but I will do so soon.

Regarding your second issue, I believe there is a memory leak with the
OnAccessExtraScanning feature because the threads that process the extra
scanning work aren't being join()'d.
I have a feeling that may be why you're seeing "Unable to kick off extra
scanning".  We're getting near the end of our development cycle for 0.101 and
still have some tough work left, but we'll try to find a solution to the
OnAccessExtraScanning thread joining issue if time permits.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On Aug 9, 2018, at 4:03 AM, Kretschmer, Jens