Good day

Thanks all for the the replies.
Much appreciated.

Regards
Brent

On 2018/11/05 17:19, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) wrote:
Hi Brent,

clamdscan and clamd share the same config file.  clamd uses it to set up the TCP socket to listen, and clamdscan uses it to know how to talk to clamd.  As a consequence, setting multiple TCPAddr's would make no sense to clamd as it will only open 1 socket to listen for connections.

I'd be interested to know if someone has come up with a hack for how to have clamdscan fail over to a secondary clamd instance - but I'm not aware of a way to do that.

I would bare in mind that if your'e using clamd on a machine remote from the clamdscan machine, the TCP connection is not encrypted at this time - meaning your file contents may be streamed in plaintext across your network.  If you need to do this, consider setting up a SSH tunnel to facilitate an encrypted connection.

Regards,
Micah