Hello list

I'm having a weird CPU hogging issue here. I'm running some servers as
VM hosts based on CentOS7 with qemu/kvm. On these I'm running various
VMs with CentOS 7 and legacy CentOS 6 (all have latest updates
installed). All of them are running clamd 0.100.2 which got installed
from a self compiled RPM (built from official source, no patches), so
software on all hosts and VMs should be identical.

However, in VMs on one host machine, clamd is idling, on the other it's
running at 200-350% CPU (4 vcores) according to top - even when there is
nothing to be scanned.

If I migrate a VM from the "idle" to the "busy" host, their clamd starts
to spin too. If I migrate a VM from the "busy" to the "idle" host, clamd
remains quiet.

The only noticeable difference between clamd going nuts and clamd
staying calm is the CPU of the host system:

busy:
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5645  @ 2.40GHz

idle:
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz

As mentioned, clamd is installed from a self compiled rpm, this is the
%build section of the spec file, nothing fancy in there:

%build
./configure --prefix=%{_prefix} --enable-milter
make check
make

The issue only occured recently... maybe some borked signature?
Any ideas?

regards
lukn