Helps too to read the entire thread and the thread that preceded this one. The OP has used combinations of dig and wget in diagnosing his problems.

dp

On 12/10/18 5:22 PM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
On 11/12/2018 11:46, Dennis Peterson wrote:
Exactly right. We can't be blaming the ClamAV process when we don't use the ClamAV process. People that don't use freshclam should have no expectation of high reliability. In fact any expectations are baseless when the wrong tools are employed.

Sigh.

Does no one actually READ THE MESSAGES???

The OP's problem is:

    FRESHCLAM FAILS, REPEATEDLY, UNTIL ALL MIRRORS ARE MARKED AS BAD
    AND NO UPDATES CAN OCCUR.

Pissing up a rope about "you shouldn't do various work-arounds" is a waste of time and bandwidth.

The OP has shown that different Cloudflare nodes give (him) different results, someone should be asking CLoudflare about how this can be addressed, not dismissing the very valid and basic problem.

This sort of behaviour just proves that Dunning-Kruger is alive and involved in far too many OSS projects.

    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)