On 13/08/2019 15:17, Manna, Mohammed via clamav-users wrote:

Hello,

From the docs – it says that the most frequent update of clam AV definitions is 4 times an hour (e.g. every 15 mins).

However, we were investigating the clamAV logs, and it shows the following:

Tue Aug 13 12:11:01 2019 -> Self checking every 600 seconds.

Our confusion is here – is it actually the definition update frequency, or something else.

Apologies for any incorrect assumptions.

Regards,
MAnna

That's the interval at which ClamAV checks its local database files.

Good luck,
Reio