On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 4:18 PM Herbert via clamav-users <
clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> System Fedora 5.2.9-200.fc30.x86_64
> ClamAv 0.101.4
>

> I wonder why a DNF update changes my customized
> /usr/lib/systemd/clam@,service file.

... because you shouldn't have modified that file?
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/understanding-and-administering-systemd/#modifying-existing-systemd-services

> Background:
> I had to add/change the following configurations in above mentioned file
> to overcome
> a timeout issue.
>
> TimeOutSec = 600
> #Restart = on-failure        # to avoid restarting on timeout failure

If it's an addition, you could probably use systemd drop-in configuration
file instead, e.g.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/system_administrators_guide/sect-Managing_Services_with_systemd-Unit_Files#brid-Managing_Services_with_systemd-Extending_Unit_Config

IMHO an update should not change the service files, but  instead install
> a new version of this file(s)
> with an appropriate extension. In addition DNF update should inform
> about this with a warning.

Are you sure you're not confusing /usr/lib/systemd with files under /etc ?
AFAIK what you wrote is correct for files in /etc.

--
Fajar