> Normally postfix gets a response after 3 secondes.
>
> In the clamav.log I see at the same time, that reloading the database
> takes up to two minutes.

Yes, reloading the DB can take some time depending on which signature
DBs you are using. I can't speak for postfix (I run sendmail), but on
my server if it can't run the AV scan, then it simply tempfails the
email and the remote server (should) try later.

I wouldn't call the current design a "bug"... It works as intended.
However it would be nice if a fresh DB could be parsed & loaded, then
swapped, to prevent service interruption.