On 13.09.19 14:42, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users wrote:
One thing we could do is have clamd "start" before loading the database. That is to say that it would immediately begin listening on the unix/tcp
socket for requests and fork into the background so as not to block the
boot process.  All scan requests would then be blocked while the database
loads.  I imagine this would solve most of the frustration around boot-up
load time.

Does this have any appeal?

on debian we've had parallel startup for some time, systems using systemd
should have that one too (but maybe it runs on foreground there).

I'd personally expect clamd to be fully working after it forks at startup.
other SW may expect that too.

Maybe with other startup parameter?

On 9/12/19, 11:31 PM, "clamav-users on behalf of J.R. via clamav-users"