Hi there,

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019, Michael Newman via clamav-users wrote:

I recently had to reinstall clamav after an errant MacPorts reclaim removed my
installation.

After reinstalling I’m now getting this error:
LibClamAV Error: cli_scangpt: could not determine sector size

I’ve searched around, but can’t find an explanation anywhere.

What does it mean and what do I have to do about it?

I guess it means that libclamav can't determine the sector size of a
disc partition which I guess you told it to scan.  I can't even guess
if you need to do anything about it or not; it would be much better if
there were less guesswork.  Exactly what do you do in order to obtain
this message?  Does it appear in a terminal session, in a log file,...?

How did you install ClamAV originally?  I'm not familiar with MacPorts
and I wonder if your 'reclaim' removed only part of the installation.
Sometimes things can go wrogn if pieces of an old installation are
left lying around after a new installation replaces it.  Are you sure
that you completely uninstalled and purged (or whatever might be the
MacPorts equivalent of those) the old ClamAV installation(s)?

--

73,
Ged.