Hi there,

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019, Mark Parker via clamav-users wrote:
On 11/11/2019 12:05 PM, G.W. Haywood via clamav-users wrote:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2019, Mark Parker via clamav-users wrote:

... need onaccess scanning but .. clamd .. doesn't have permissions
to view a user's home directory contents.  Am I missing something?

Group read?

Well, I don't want to change permissions on 30 million files to make this work. Seems like the wrong thing to do.

It seems like you've made this harder than it needs to be.  Normally
I'd expect a private home directory to contain mostly files with 'ugo'
read, and the permissions on the home directory would be what controls
access to them.  Each user will be in a group of the same name (that's
usual in a lot of setups anyway) and all you need to do to permit the
clamav user to scan the files would be to put that user in every group.

Everyone here knows I'm not a great fan of using ClamAV in this way,
but of course in the '.edu' TLD you do have different issues from the
rest of us...

--

73,
Ged.