Hi there,

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019, ratatouille via clamav-users wrote:
"G.W. Haywood via clamav-users" <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> schrieb am
11.12.19 um 15:23:43 Uhr:

Did you not just tell me in another thread (failed to write to") that
you compiled ClamAV from source?  In that case, why would you want to
allow 'yum update' to install an older version of ClamAV?

That was on another server running an a bit outdated openSUSE-OS.

Ah, I see.  In that case...

# Path to a local socket file the daemon will listen on.
LocalSocket /var/run/clamd.amavisd/clamd.sock

...why not change this to listen instead on a TCP socket, and use the
single (and up to date) clamd instance on your OpenSUSE server to scan
for your other servers?  Of course depending on how many there are you
might need more than one machine running a clamd process, but normally
you won't need a clamd running on every machine.

Be aware that when clamd listens to a TCP socket, it provides no way
to prevent connections to the socket from devices which you might not
want to connect to it.  You have to do that stuff yourself.

I am not looking through this clamav-stuff.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by that.

--

73,
Ged.