I looked back in the list a bit, and found some mentions of freshclam
and IPv6, but not this issue specifically.

The fact that freshclam ignores the "--disable-ipv6" option probably
won't be a problem in practice -- as long as the IPv4 connections to
ClamAV.net work -- but it is annoying, and clearly a (minor) bug.

There are some other services, like NTP, X, VNC and RSYNCD, that insist
on binding to IPv6, even though *none* of our interfaces have it, but
they only *listen*, and thus yield no error msgs.