Hello,

Which signatures to use?
The default ones that come with the example config?

Any that you can get hold of.  There are a lot of them about.  The
Sansecurity signatures get a good press but I use them to fight spam
rather than protect against malware.  I personally think that if you
can find malware on a machine, it's already too late to be looking.

According to https://www.securiteinfo.com/attaques/hacking/stats_malwares_internet.shtml (updated daily), ClamAV official detects 10% of daily malwares, SaneSecurity detects 10% of daily malwares, SecuriteInfo.com detects 93% of daily malwares.

SaneSecurity is very good and very reliable to detect spams, or malware in mail flow (exe in zip, js in zip ...). But SecuriteInfo.com is the best to detect malware files.

I personnaly recommand SecuriteInfo.com signatures for malware hunting:

https://www.securiteinfo.com/services/anti-spam-anti-virus/improve-detection-rate-of-zero-day-malwares-for-clamav.shtml?lg=en

--
Cordialement / Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
Gérant de SecuriteInfo.com

Téléphone : +33-(0)3.44.39.76.46
E-mail : a...@securiteinfo.com
Site web : https://www.securiteinfo.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/SecuriteInfocom/132872523492286
Twitter : @SecuriteInfoCom

Securiteinfo.com
La Sécurité Informatique - La Sécurité des Informations.
266, rue de Villers
60123 Bonneuil en Valois