On 2020-07-16 17:22, Kevin A. McGrail via clamav-users wrote:
> Hi, I have an old system I'm compiling.
>
> I have 0.102.3 working on it.
>
> Here's the config line:

>   CCLD     clamscan
> actions.o: In function `traverse_to':
> ../shared/actions.c:328: undefined reference to `openat'
> actions.o: In function `traverse_unlink':
> ../shared/actions.c:568: undefined reference to `unlinkat'
> actions.o: In function `action_move':
> ../shared/actions.c:455: undefined reference to `renameat'

This is from the fix for CVE-2020-3350. The "at" system calls are
POSIX.1-2008 and are more or less necessary to handle links safely.
ClamAV have gone out of their way to provide a compatibility function on
Windows, though, so maybe you're not totally out of luck.

Micah: openat() only provides "one level of safety" in that when opening
/foo/bar/baz, it ensures that "baz" is where you think it is. You may
want to investigate whether or not an attacker can replace "bar" by a
symlink in that situation. Other programs address this same problem by
running openat() on /, /foo, /foo/bar, and then /foo/bar/baz all in
succession to ensure that everything is trustworthy (the root is assumed
to be sacred). See http://michael.orlitzky.com/cves/cve-2018-6954.xhtml.