On Friday 02 October 2020, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users wrote:

> It looks like you have Verbose enabled in your freshclam.conf file,
> which is causing extra output from libcurl to be displayed despite
> the --quiet option.

Yes. But the option is called LogVerbose:

# Enable verbose logging.
# Default: no
LogVerbose yes

I thought that it does not affect to foreground messages. Should the
title and comment should be changed maybe?

And the second problem remains: the "Connecting via proxy" message
shown in any cases

> The thing that was fixed was that "Testing database: ..." was being printed
> instead of logged, meaning it ignored the --quiet option. See:
> https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/commit/095abcc28bc86fe25798be564d685f76530b19bd#diff-144511dd46e128d7d330578040a81f23

Thanks.

--
Regards, Sergey