From: clamav-users <clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net> On Behalf Of Gal
Cohen
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 10:02 AM
To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
Subject: [clamav-users] local server takes time to update clamav db

Hello,

I'm serving cvd files from a local server, when I run freshclam on my server it
takes some runes until the daily.cvd is updated even though the remote version
was updated a while ago.

- the clamav version I'm using is 0.102.4-r1
- freshclam.conf I'm using is:
   DatabaseDirectory /data
   LogSyslog yes
   UpdateLogFile /logs/freshclam.log
   LogTime yes
   PidFile /run/clamav/freshclam.pid
   DatabaseOwner root
   LogVerbose yes
   DatabaseMirror database.clamav.net<http://database.clamav.net>
   ScriptedUpdates no.  (for serving as local server)
   SafeBrowsing yes
   Bytecode yes

some focused logs from freshclam run which not update the local daily.cvd even
though it indicates a newer version remotely:
"daily database available for update (local version: 26009, remote version:
26010)
*The daily.cvd database downloaded from https://database.clamav.net is one
version older than advertised in the DNS TXT record.
Database test passed.
daily.cvd updated (version: 26009, sigs: 4351133, f-level: 63, builder:
raynman)"

Do I need to change my configuration or is it a bug on the 102.4 clamav version?

Thanks
Gal