Hi there,

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, Zvi Kave via clamav-users wrote:

   Seems that the parameter --max-scantime=#n aborts scan on every file after
#n ms.
   But it continues to the next file, instead of clamscan termination + summary
as I need.

You can easily start another process, which sleeps for your desired
number of seconds and then kills the clamscan process.  You won't get
the exact summary which clamscan gives when it terminates normally, but
you will get the output about what's been found so you can approximate
the report e.g. by piping the output of the clamscan process to a file
(perhaps asking for verbose reporting from libclamav and/or clamscan as
well as reporting clean files) and doing a little bit of scripting.

This does seem to me to be a strange thing to want to do.  If you can
explain exactly what the problem is and why you think this is the
solution we might be able to offer alternatives or other suggestions.

If all else fails you have the source code.  It would be possible to
get clamscan to respond to a signal in the way you describe.

An Englishman asked an Irishman for directions to somewhere.

The Irishman replied, "If I was going there, I wouldn't start from here".

:)

--

73,
Ged.