On 07/04/2021 15:38, Saurav Sarkar via clamav-users wrote:

We have files like CAD files which can go in GBs and want to send to this malware scanning service.

Why are you scanning CAD files?

Can your CAD files contain arbitrary executable code which is blindly executed by the CAD software? If not, there's no reason to scan them? If they can, then I'd consider getting different CAD software...

Is there a possibility to send the file in chunks and get it scanned in the server side in chunks

That would depend on the HTTP scanning service software. Clam AV needs the whole file at once to scan it, but the HTTP scanning service may be able to upload in chunks and reassemble it before sending it to Clam AV.

I observed that there is a INSTREAM command in clamd for this purpose and also there is a 4GB size limit.
https://linux.die.net/man/8/clamd <https://linux.die.net/man/8/clamd>

INSTREAM basically lets you send a file to clamd, it saves it as a temporary file, and then scans it, then deletes it. It lets you scan files that don't exist on the same computer as the clamd daemon without having to set up network shares etc. So, all the limits (eg the 4GB limit) which apply to normal files also apply to INSTREAM

--

Paul
Paul Smith Computer Services

--