Hello Joel,

We would like to get a manual that describes how to configure freshclam and proxy to refresh the signature files through the proxy (squid) and not directly.

Explanation:

Our servers are behind a firewall.

The freshclam is referred to different ClamAV mirror with different IP for each refresh.

We wish to open only one IP in the firewall.

We tried to set a proxy server outside the firewall and define freshclam on all the other servers apply to the proxy server.

We did not succeed to configure clamAV and Squid to work together.

  1. Is there a better solution for this problem except  proxy server?

  2. Can you please send us manual or guidelines how to use this proxy ?

Thanks,

Zvi Kave