Hi Robert,

You're correct that there is no config file for clamscan.exe. There also isn't
any config option to have the command-line applications stay open if you're
double-clicking them.  ClamAV wasn't designed to be double-clicked.  The
problem you're facing is not really specific to ClamAV but really is for any
command line application.  But I think I can help...

I too initially stumbled on the "cmd /k" trick but you're right that multiple
arguments get too complicated.  It is instead pretty easy to do with
PowerShell.  Here are some scripts that should work for you for freshclam and
clamscan.  The "Pause" at the end will keep the window open until you press
"Enter". These scripts should handle any number of arguments, and you can
hardcode in some arguments like I have in ClamScan.ps1.

FreshClam.ps1:

param(
    [Parameter(ValueFromRemainingArguments=$true)][String[]]$ScanArgs
)

$MyProgram = "C:\Program Files\ClamAV\freshclam.exe"
$Arguments = "$ScanArgs"  # <-- feel free to add extra args if you want.

Write-Output "Running: $MyProgram $Arguments"
Start-Process $MyProgram -Wait -NoNewWindow -ArgumentList $Arguments
Pause

ClamScan.ps1:

param(
    [Parameter(ValueFromRemainingArguments=$true)][String[]]$ScanArgs
)

$MyProgram = "C:\Program Files\ClamAV\clamscan.exe"
$Arguments = "--max-filesize=2000M --max-scansize=4000M $ScanArgs"

Write-Output "Running: $MyProgram $Arguments"
Start-Process $MyProgram -Wait -NoNewWindow -ArgumentList $Arguments
Pause

Please let me know how this works for you.

Cheers,
Micah