Hi there,

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021, TH123 via clamav-users wrote:
On Fri, 2 Jul 2021, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> On Friday, July 2nd, 2021 at 1:06 PM, TH123 <round12...@protonmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm having a problem with freshclam.
> >
> > $ sudo freshclam
> > WARNING: Ignoring deprecated option SafeBrowsing at
/etc/clamav/freshclam.conf:22
> > ERROR: /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log is locked by another process
> Do you already have a freshclam daemon running?

Thanks for any consideration of the problem, but I found the solution.

sudo freshclam command is used for updating your antivirus database,
which cannot be run while another instance (auto update) is already
running.

That's right.  If that doesn't sound like what I said, you need to
think a bit more about what you're doing.

--

73,
Ged.