Hi there,

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, G.W. Haywood wrote:
On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, Paul Kosinski via clamav-users wrote:

Just FYI: this is the first time I remember seeing openSUSE
notifying something about ClamAV.

Looks like this is OpenSUSE's response to the recent announcement of
https://blog.clamav.net/2021/06/clamav-eol-of-0100x-versions.html
No wonder Joel's been tearing his hair out.

Is there a concern for those running  ClamAV 0.103.2?

You mean apart from those listed in the announcements?

https://marc.info/?l=clamav-users&m=162429486707369&w=2

I found that link to be virtually unreadable from [attachment #5)] and below.

It's just an email.  It looks a lot like emails look when you don't
have some dreadful graphical mail client to spoon-feed it to you, and
to embellish/hide/bowdlerize bits of it, and send tracking information
all over the planet, and occasionally crash, and sometimes if the mail
is malicious, even to compromise your workstation in the process.

As you say, there is a link to a rendered version of the HTML for you
to view if you wish.  But it shouldn't really be necessary:

The link seems to work to open a readable page.  Soon as I wake up I
will give it a deeper read, but it appears to not be urgent ...

Since I'm sure you were subscribed to this list at the time, a copy of
the email in question was sent to you just after our Summer Solstice.

Is your mail client really ten years old?

https://groupwise.software.informer.com/versions/
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-20/product_id-589/Novell-Groupwise.html

--

73,