----- Message from "G.W. Haywood via clamav-users" <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> ---------
    Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 11:32:37 +0100 (BST)
    From: "G.W. Haywood via clamav-users" <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] configure: error: Your libcurl is misconfigured. libcurl (e.g. libcurl-devel) is required in order to build freshclam and clamsubmit
      To: Kin Sou via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
      Cc: "G.W. Haywood" <cla...@jubileegroup.co.uk>

Hi there,

On Thu, 15 Jul 2021, Kin Sou via clamav-users wrote:

I am installing clamav 0.102.3 on CentOS8.4 ...

Please can you confirm that you're trying to install version 0.102.3?

If so, I suggest that you don't do that.  Better to install the latest
version (which is 0.103.3) and, in view of very recent events (see the
mailing list for the last day or so), perhaps even wait for 0.103.4 to
be released which I guess will be soon.

checking for curl-config... /usr/bin/curl-config
./configure: line 30064: auto=yes: command not found
checking for curl_easy_init in -lcurl... no
configure: error: Your libcurl is misconfigured. libcurl (e.g.
libcurl-devel) is required in order to build freshclam and clamsubmit.

How to solve this hurdle?

The line number 30064 doesn't seem to match with the version of the script
which I have in the original tarball.  Is this a RedHat source package?
It seems to be saying that you don't have /usr/bin/curl-config which might
mean that you haven't installed it, or that you've installed it somewhere
strange, or this might be a red herring.  Anyway I'd suggest starting with
a clean sheet and at least downloading the latest official source tarball
from the ClamAV site before you try again.

----- End message from "G.W. Haywood via clamav-users" <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> -----

It would be FAR easier to install Clamav 103.3 from EPEL repository for CentOS / RH than build from source, especially when releases get published through EPEL very quickly.

Simon

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16