> I'd like to point to the following thread :

> https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2464923
>
> where the same error shows up, because a package by the name
> Cisco PacketTracer 7.3.1 was installed .
>
> Robert

Packets?  Interesting idea.  No, nothing like that here with a LFS based system
and a KISS paradigm, but I DO have a very tight firewall.  I don't allow
packets out just anywhere they please--not allowing ET to phone home--as a
security measure.  I wasn't looking for it to get caught that way.  Sheesh,
probably should've.  If it uses a special port, there'll be a message.  I'll
try again later today and look for the firewall hit.  Thanks for the idea, that
seems promising!

Sheesh!  You've no idea how much work I did "putting my ducks in a row".  It
led me down a rabbit-hole, just making sure.

--
Paul Rogers
paulgrog...@fastmail.fm