Hi there,

On Mon, 23 Aug 2021, Amey Lele via clamav-users wrote:

We have installed the Clam AV on Ubuntu 18.04 OS, however it is showing "An
update is available". We are trying to update the signature however it is
not updating, I think it is updated to the latest one but showing this
message .

Please advise how to check the latest signature version on Ubuntu 18.04
version and how to update the same if it is not updated.

If you like a challenge, at a terminal on the Ubuntu machine try

freshclam --help

otherwise please read the documentation at

https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Usage.html

and please let us know if it does not help you.  We would probably
need more information from you before we can give more useful help,
for example extracts from the ClamAV logs, the output of

clamconf -n

and precise explanations of what you have tried to do, and exactly how
you have tried to do it.  It will also help if you can describe your
applications (for example for Ubuntu - but also for any other systems
which ClamAV may be asked to protect; are you asking it to scan files
only, or will it be used for example for mail filtering?) and tell us
what you want ClamAV to do for you in your situation.

Are you near Mandalay Lines?  I guess that English is not your first
language, but it's pretty good. :)

--

73,
Ged.