On 8/30/2021 3:32 PM, Skylar Orr via clamav-users wrote:
Hello, all. I'm wondering where the main.cvd, bytecode.cvd, and daily.cvd files went off to. It's been some time since I've seen them, and I utilize a private server for which a private local mirror is not feasible. Is there a way to get one's hands on these? I apologize if this has been asked, before, but I searched and didn't come up with anything, so I figured it was worth a shot. Thanks in advance.

The databases are no longer available as a separate download due to massive abuse of the download system.

Use freshclam from a supported version of clamav to get database updates.

The "virus database" section on https://www.clamav.net/downloads has details for how to get a copy for a machine with no or limited internet access.

For more info, see the discussion in the list archive.

  -- Noel Jones