Hi there,

On Tue, 5 Oct 2021, Hoevenaar, Jeffrey (GE Aviation, US) via clamav-users wrote:

When running a "clamscan /"

Don't do that unless you really know what you're doing.

the hidden NFS mounts from the Netapp are mounted and scanned.  The
NFS mounts are hidden snapshot file systems.

Apparently not terribly well hidden...

Has anyone experienced this happening?

It's very rare that I scan a filesystem, and I never would have a
hidden snapshot of anything anywhere that it could possibly get
mounted by accident, so - no.

If we make the hidden file systems inaccessible then they do not get
mounted.  Is there a way to tell clamscan not to mount hidden files?

You will probably find that it isn't clamscan that's mounting them.

--

73,
Ged.