Hi,

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 08:32:00PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky via clamav-users
wrote:
> On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 13:05 -0400, Mark G Thomas wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone else had similar experiences recently?
>
> Not recently per se, but it happens. Do you limit the number of scans
> that can be run simultaneously, if (for example) some doofus BCCs a
> 20MB nested zip file to everyone in his organization?

It is sometimes hard to tell from the logs after the fact what the culprit
is. In this case, it turned out we were getting flooded by small messages
from a single source. Enforcing ClientRate and ClientConn limits via
sendmail is doing the trick. I mistakenly thought we were already doing that.
I do not believe clamd was doing anything bad.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas <m...@misty.com>, KC3DRE