Dne 18. 11. 21 v 13:09 Cody Allen napsal(a):
frustrated, have spent days with a broken clamav nothing seems to work to download the db. can someone please shed some light on what is wrong and how to address the problem. running on a debian jessie appliance. at this point im dead in the water, without the databse the service tanks and will not start, freshclam will not download and have found no method to manually get or update the db.

Using IPv6 aware code
Max retries == 3
Querying current.cvd.clamav.net <http://current.cvd.clamav.net>
TTL: 962
Software version from DNS: 0.103.4
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.101.2 Recommended version: 0.103.4
DON'T PANIC! Read https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav <https://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav> Retrieving http://database.clamav.net/main.cvd <http://database.clamav.net/main.cvd>
Ignoring mirror 104.16.218.84 (due to previous errors)
Ignoring mirror 104.16.219.84 (due to previous errors)
Ignoring mirror 104.16.218.84 (due to previous errors)
Ignoring mirror 104.16.219.84 (due to previous errors)
WARNING: Can't download main.cvd from database.clamav.net <http://database.clamav.net>
Trying again in 5 secs...

I have seen something similar on an older instance of clamav, where the database was seriously out-of date. The problem was that the download of new databases took too long. It worked, but was slow, and freshclam timed out before finishing the download and started over again. I think I had to increase "ReceiveTimeout 30" in freshclam.conf.

--
Best Regards
        Vladislav Kurz