And now it's working for me too.  Nice magic you have there!

Problem solved.....I guess....so weird.

Thanks

________________________________
From: clamav-users <clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net> on behalf of Kris
Deugau <kdeu...@vianet.ca>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 4:09:26 PM
To: ClamAV users ML
Subject: [EXT] Re: [clamav-users] clamscan tar archive

APL external email warning: Verify sender clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net
before clicking links or attachments

Hart, Steven A. via clamav-users wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> ClamAV documentation states that tar archives are supported.   I've
> created a small sample tar archive that includes an eicar sample.
> Clamscan seems to only look at the tar archive as a single file and does
> not hit on the eicar sample within.   I've tried using the "-a" and
> "--scan-archive=yes" flags with no improvements.  I would appreciate
> advice as to if clamscan can actively scan tar archives directly.

WorksForMe(TM):

kdeugau@ele:~/$ tar -c ~kdeugau/dev/eicar >testeicar.tar
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
kdeugau@ele:~/$ clamscan
/home/kdeugau/testeicar.tar: Eicar-Signature FOUND
[...]

kdeugau@ele:~/$ clamscan -V
ClamAV 0.103.3/26393/Mon Dec 20 04:19:51 2021

(Debian package;  only Debian testing and unstable have 0.103.4 so far,
no sign of 0.104.)

-kgd