Andreas,

It’s in the man pages for clamscan, and clamd.conf

#man clamscan:

       --scan-mail[=yes(*)/no]

              Scan mail files. If you turn off this option, the original files
will still  be  scanned,  but  without

              parsing individual messages/attachments.

#man clamd.conf:

       ScanMail BOOL

              Enable scanning of mail files.

              If you turn off this option, the original files will still be
scanned,  but  without  parsing

              individual messages/attachments.

              Default: yes

So by default it will scan mail and decode attachments.

Sincerely,

Eric Tykwinski

TrueNet, Inc.

P: 610-429-8300