On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 14:08:45 +0100
An Schall via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:

> When using clamdscan, I would like to have verbose output logged to a
> file. Specifically, the timestamp, file path and file name as well as
> the scan results should be logged to a specified file.
>
> In comparison, clamscan outputs this information to STDOUT per default
> and I could simply pipe it to "tee -a $LOG_FILE".
>
> Unfortunately, clamdscan does not output this information but logs
> this kind of information to /var/log/clamd.scan. However, given that I
> would like to use it within a script, I would like to log this kind of
> output to a configurable file.
>
> While there is a -L switch, it does not include such detailed
> information (only the summary). Also, there seems to be a --stdout
> switch but it seems it does not help either.
>
> How can I get verbose information from /var/log/clamd.scan to a
> configurable file in the first place?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Just off the top of my head, maybe a symlink, or, if you have to make it
dynamic (e.g., for each clamdscan execution), a pipe/FIFO to a listener
process? I've never tried this with clamd, so details would need to be filled
in (and it might not even be practical).

You still would be limited to what clamd is willing to report, of course.