From: clamav-users <clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net> on behalf of Jimmy F
via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2022 11:10 PM
To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Cc: Jimmy F <fall...@gmail.com>
Subject: [clamav-users] linux.cvd database question

Hi, question re the linux.cvd database. Our company has a number of Linux
laptops running with 8 gigs of memory. We need AV for compliance reasons, and
would like to use ClamAV, but the 1.2G memory footprint is a bit much, so we're
looking at possibly using just the linux.cvd database which is considerably
smaller.

My question is how often is that linux.cvd updated and does it have latest
virus signatures? Using the sigtool it appears that it's updated from the
previous day. But I'm not clear on its relationship to the daily.cvd or main
databases. What percentage of daily.cvd are linux/unix based viruses?

Thanks!

Jimmy