On 10.06.24 05:57, neel roy via clamav-users wrote:
There might be possibility that we will use more services from clamd in the
future. So we want to use clamd + clamdscan instead of clamscan.

In which case I wanted to know the difference between running clamd@scan service vs
running clamd. What's the difference and what is recommended?

I'd say clamd service runs clamd. the "service" is just systemd way to run it.

From: "Brendan Bell (brebell)" <breb...@cisco.com>
Sent: Fri, 07 Jun 2024 22:36:02
To: "clamav-users@lists.clamav.net"
<clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Cc: neel roy <neelsm...@rediffmail.com>
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] Using clamd@ service vs launching clamd from
command line

If you only want to do one scan per day, you may wish to use clamscan instead
of clamd + clamdscan.

If you're doing scans on the commandline, the advantage to using clamd is to
reduce load time.  You can load once, and then use clamdscan to target
multiple files or directories with multiple scan commands.

If you're running a single scan once, even if selecting multiple files or
directories, then clamscan may be easier:
E.g. run:
clamscan -r DIRECTORY1 DIRECTORY2 DIRECTORY3