Hi Sarah,

Our clamav-announce emailer isn't supposed to require approval from the list
admin in order to subscribe, thought it does require confirmation from an email
so others can't just sign you up.

It seems like that setting changed on its own somewhere around early October,
2023.  I mostly didn't notice, because the clamav-announce mailer also requires
approval for messages, and I've been filtering the spam requests. The last
couple times that I've had to approve an announcement message, I've found some
subscription requests pending approval, so I approved those at that time. That
seemed to work okay, and I didn't think there was a subscription request
expiration.

Anyways, I did a little digging today and found the setting that I think is
responsible for requiring subscription confirmation AND approval, hidden under
"Privacy".  I changed it to only require confirmation but not approval.  I also
manually subscrib ed your email address to the clamav-announce mailer.  It
should send you a welcome message.

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Regarding Discord, it appears you have successfully joined the server. I
searched for your username and found we have the ClamAV server as a mutual
server.

Regards,
Micah

Micah Snyder (they/them)