On 25/07/2024 00:26, Giacomazzi Gabriele Antonio wrote:
Hi, thanks for replying.
The on-access feature it's required by the company i work for.
I don't understand where the problem is since i've done the same configuration on all workstations, but in some of them there is this problem.

Oh, good, security by stupidity...

Are they VMs?
Are they teeny-tiny VMs?
Are the VMs on an over-subscribed virtual-whatever server??

Is the VM server being hammered by a anti-virus scan at the time(s) you are trying to do stuff?

That's for real, the lusers up a few levels at $ORK require the use of <INSERT NAME HERE> - not clamav - on all UNIX and Linux systems, and they are moving from bare metal to VMs. They wonder why the performance of the VMs drops into the gutter when the server is periodically scanned. And I do mean scanned, *every* file is opened and read, virtual disks and all. And sometimes, for no apparent reason, periodically means, "We've finished that scan, let's do it again!"
Roll-on demob.

Luckily our systems, which are used to develop the stuff they make money from by selling &c, are invisible to lower beings. ;-)

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)

P.S. I did once suggest that they should move to clamav, being oh-so-much-cheaper, but apparently the souls of some people's first-born are tied to the continued use of <INSERT NAME HERE>, or the spirits of the ancestors decreed that it must be so, or something.
No, they know nothing about how computers work.
Yes, they have tried to move AIX/HP-UX/Solaris workloads to Linux VMs, and asked us perplexed questions as to why it does not work.

P.P.S.  Four more years and I qualify for a full pension.  :-)

P.P.P.S. No, I don't work for the ACM, this is my personal account, I'm not that stupid.