Also, I should point out that lib/ doesn't compile yet anyway.  We have
issues.  This is the first time all of classpath has gotten together in a
standard build procedure.  On that, be patient.
If you'd like to help fix compilation errors and get us on our way, then
that's great!  Leave lib/ in there.
If you're just trying to get it running under Japhar using the new patch,
remove "lib" from the subdirs in Makefile.am and redo "aclocal; autoheader;
autoconf; automake; ./configure --with-japhar=...; make".
--John Keiser