Wes Biggs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I was thinking about the work Brian was doing with javap and thought it
> might be cleaner to use our own utility to generate that info.  I wrote
> gnu.tools.ClassTool for that purpose. It seems useful to me, but I'll
> throw it out to the masses. I don't have cvs privileges (Paul, sorry for
> the delay, but the paperwork is finally coming) so it's up on my local
> box:
>   http://www.cacas.org/java/gnu/tools/
>
> Benefits over javap, IMHO:
> - it's cleanroom
> - it uses reflection, not decompilation

Wes, this is pretty nifty.  I was going to send out an email in the
near future to see if someone wanted to work on a free software javap
replacement.  I'm also reworking the web pages and had planned to put
that into the packages section as something to do.

Does anyone think we need a free software replacement for javac which
isn't already accomplished by using Kiev?

Brian
--