For the benefit of you who don't subscribe to the Japhar commit list, our
Classpath integration patches have been applied to Japhar.  That means we
can go ahead and put out our first development release.  It will be a little
painful for those who want to use it, because they will need to get the
latest Japhar from CVS, but after the next Japhar release, that will no
longer be necessary.

I have tested and loaded a pre-release distribution to the ftp site.  You
can download it from
ftp://ftp.classpath.org/pub/classpath/classpath-0.0pre1.tar.gz  I'd
appreciate it if people would sync up with the Japhar sources, download this
and test it out.  Once I hear that there are no problems (which I'm sure
there won't be :-) we can put out the official 0.0.

Note that all classes are installed unzipped in the Japhar share directory.
This is unfortunately required until we have java.util.zip support and I can
read resources from a zip file.  Many things will break if you try to use
the glibj.zip file in our distribution.

When configuring, you shouldn't need any options unless you want to rebuild
the Java classes.  Note that I did _not_ test that part of the tarball.

Happy Hacking!

--
Aaron M. Renn ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/