To: Aaron M. Renn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: problems with compiling
From: Brian Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 28 Jan 1999 08:18:42 -0500

Aaron,

Using Jikes, I came up with the following problems...

Part of java.io relies on an unimplemented class in java.security, see
java.security.DigestOutputStream used by java.io.ObjectStreamClass.
See also java.security.MessageDigest.

Missing these classes in java.util... used by something...
java.util.EventListener
java.util.TooManyListenersException

Problems compiling java.util.AbstractList

Need some of the java.text.*Format*, but trouble compiling some of it.

Problems compiling java.util.Collections or UnmodifiableCollection
doesn't implement everything in the interfaces it implements from.

I've modified standard.omit locally such that I think it is the most
correct at the  moment, but I don't want to check it in just yet.
I'll include it below.  Btw, jikes is too damn fast.  Damn.

Brian

^../java/net/Authenticator.java$
^../java/net/JarURLConnection.java$
^../java/lang/RuntimePermission.java$
^../java/security/CodeSource.java$
^../java/security/ProtectionDomain.java$
^../java/sql/.*$
^../gnu/test/.*$
^../gnu/java/awt/.*$
^../java/text/Annotation.java$
^../java/text/AttributedCharacterIterator.java$
^../java/text/AttributedString.java$
^../java/text/AttributedStringIterator.java$
^../java/text/BreakIterator.java$
^../java/text/CharacterIterator.java$
^../java/text/ChoiceFormat.java$
^../java/text/CollationElementIterator.java$
^../java/text/CollationKey.java$
^../java/text/Collator.java$
^../java/text/DefaultBreakIterator.java$
^../java/text/RuleBasedCollator.java$
^../java/text/StringCharacterIterator.java$

--