Kimberley Burchett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm most interested in awt, rmi, comm and j3d.

We could use plenty of help with the AWT.  Jim and I have implemented
the majority of the peers, but all the AWT classes have yet to be
written.  Then, after we finish all of that, we have to get started on
the 1.2 AWT.

> And the last two are in the javax hierarchy, which judging by the
> mail archives, aren't very popular.

Having free implementations of the javax packages is certainly
important.  The discussions have been over whether such packages
should be distributed with GNU Classpath.  Such packages can certainly
be GNU software if their authors so desire and wish to maintain their
work.

> The other area I could help with is documentation.

There's plenty of help that we could use with documentation.  We're
badly in need of a JavaDoc replacement, so that's something that might
be an option for you.  We also need something along the lines of the
GNU C Library Reference Manual for Classpath.  I've always planned to
do work on such a document, but only after we get v1.0 out the door.

--
Paul Fisher * [EMAIL PROTECTED]