We are going to run into a major problem with Serialization.  Our
Objects are different from Sun's.  Thus serialized Beans and objects coming
to us over RMI will very possibly not be in our format (anything that
contains a java.lang.String object, for example).
     I have an idea of how to read Sun's and our format as well without
sacrificing performance too much, but then our serialized output would still
be different from Sun's and thus a Sun JDK couldn't read our Objects without
some extra code from us to read them.
     So how are we going to deal with it?  Does Sun provide a way?  Have we
thought about it yet?  Should we throw in the towel and implement
writeObject() and readObject() for everything, reading and writing in Sun's
format?  Or employ more devious methods?
--John Keiser