"Aaron M. Renn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> A lot of these are already done, so it's really just a packaging
> issue.

Didn't Sun define a standard packaging format (Jar w/ a special
manifest) for the 1.2 standard extensions?  It seems like that would
be the most useful thing for us to do.  For really important things
(ie. regexps, and possibly others), I'd like for those to be part of
the core classpath distribution.

> If it's done, why not put it in CVS, get the copyright stuff squared
> away, etc?

True.  For my servlet implementation, which more than likely includes
stuff not found in Wes' implementation, I don't mind putting it into
CVS and signing over the copyright, but I don't have a lot of time to
work on either a) integrating it with Wes' code, or b) bringing it up
to date to the latest Servlet API revision.

I need to spend my time working on the 1.1 core code.

> He mentioned the CORBA stuff.  Even though it's 1.2, it needs to be
> done and I don't know of anyone else who has the expertise to write
> it.

Yes, CORBA is important, but java.text is more important. :) I base
the importance solely upon 1.1 vs. 1.2.  Of course, it's up to Wes
what he writes (we'll take most anything).

> Plus coding up the java.text class is likely to induce some sort of
> brain damage in the coder.

Yes, and I'm afraid that java.text might be the next piece for me to
work on. :)

--
Paul Fisher * [EMAIL PROTECTED]