Bernd Kreimeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ANTLR?

ANRLR is not a compiler;  it is parser-generator.  It does not handle
C++ name resolution, for example, as far as I know.

> What do you mean by annotated-CNI?

CNI with macros that are no-ops when using CNI, but that help whatever
tools is used to convert to JNI.

> Is a modification of gcjh a good way to simplify the task for
> the parser/converter? I.e. marking Java-turned-C++ classes,
> enforcing naming schemes/prefixes etc.?

I don't see how it helps.  The problem is analyzing the user's C++
native code.

> Having parts of the toolchain being pure Java (along with the
> ability to compile them to native code for bootstrap) is the
> foundation for much more portability.

But why is this an inportant goal for GNU Classpath?
--
        --Per Bothner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.bothner.com/~per/