On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:25:23PM -0400, Etienne M. Gagnon wrote:
> To the "java/lang/Character.java" maintainer:  How do you compile your code, on
>which platform?

I've noticed that this file compiles without errors using the "javac" compiler.
This prompts the question: shouldn't GNU Classpath be compilable using a Free
compiler?  If there's a small bug in jikes, why not submit a bug report
then temporarily circumvent the bug somehow, thus keeping Free software
really Free (without non-Free dependencies)?

Etienne
--
Etienne M. Gagnon                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]